Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Din Of A Distant Caravan

From afar I heard the sound
So I drew near
To the rim on the hill I found

Following wagon tracks
Through dandelions and dew
A din from a distant caravan
Resonance that drew

Of song and dance
From circled wagons amidst pitched tents
A band of nomadic gypsies
Celebrating a certain bent

They whirled and they twirled
With timbrels in dance they embrace
Penny whistles chime with melody as voices lyric
Of a Savior and His amazing grace

I descended the hill to join their dance in the midnight field
Hoping to find a welcoming invite
To make merry and worship
With them on this starry night

Hands now I join and embrace
A daydream merriment under a midnight sun
With those like me
Partaking of grace that encompasses the Holy One

Copyright 2014 Wandering Satellite Publishing

No comments: