Thursday, July 18, 2013

Via Del La Rosa

This man Jesus followed have I
I watched Him from afar with my eye
Now He walks stumbling down this path
Bloodied with a cross on His back
They call Him Jehovah
Making His way through Via Del La Rosa

Hiding like a thief
Following the crowds through the way of grief
I went to watch Him die
Curious to see Him crucified
While I watched his suffering and pain
My life to Him I gave, no more occasion to refrain

Soldiers, citizens mocked and disbelieved
That He was Lord and the King of all Kings
Cried out did he, “It is finished” and gave up His breath
Lifeless His head fell entering into death

The sky grew dark and the earth it shook
Now people stood with terrified looks
A man next to me turns as if to nod
Surely He was and is the Son of God

They tell me the curtain to the Holy of Holies that day had torn in two
And on this beloved day my spirit was born anew
I now can enter His presence cleansed of my life’s sins
Praise you Lord Jesus I now am born again

For much of my story this would be the end
But this Son of Man three days later rose to life again
For me everything has changed so certainly
For someday with Him I will spend an eternity

Copyright 2013 Wandering Satellite Publishing

No comments: