Saturday, January 5, 2013

Poem From The Sea

It was on this day the deep oceanic came to me
Calling me, to join them, to play among those romancing waves
They were beckoning me from those tidal pools
On that still summer day

Swimming to meet their laughter  
As waves rolled up the beach
They taught me friendship and love,
Possessions cast out of reach

Glancing back at sand castles
Rising majestically from the shore,
I saw her gathering shells
At the bottom of the ocean’s floor

O thou She called to me from this watery faire
Whilst christened pearls of love, regally, she laid in my hands bare.
Under this deep, out of reality’s reach
Yet I awoke alone, up on the sands of the beach.

I stood, searching the surface of the ocean, I could see no more,
All was quiet and tame.
But it was verve, vitality they had left for me
On the day the deep of the sea came to me

Copyright 2012 Wandering Satellite Publishing

No comments: