Saturday, September 7, 2013

I Bought A Field

I saw the twilight explode before me
So I bought a field and sat
I gathered in all that I saw

Watching the last gloamings of the day
Taking its last peak at the day’s end
Here I can see everything

Still, I sat
Waiting through the night
Then came the early dawn

She raises the day’s horizon with the sun in tow
Brushing the underbelly of the clouds
With hue and tone

Surely all of this…the fingerprints of a creator are displayed
I begin to wonder about those
Those who do not believe in God

Happenstance belief
Scrutinizing change set right before my sight
How can one not believe?

In my field I sit…I smile, I know
Glories ebbing and flowing before me
Speak and tell

Come... sit with me in my field
Look through my eyes, my lens
And…I will show you something remarkable

Copyright 2013 Wandering Satellite Publishing

No comments: