Monday, November 17, 2014

Winding Is This Path Of Life

I have ambled on and through
Certain seasons of a lifetime
As for my vision now
I am always looking forward though

At times this path is smooth and paved
Or a rock strewn trail, up hills and then down
Through deserts, valleys of all sorts and mountainous peaks

There is always an older man though, who is here and there
Always behind me when I tend to glance back upon my path
Never do I seem to pass him on my travels
Nor do I look for him

He is of familiar face
He has played the hypocrite
Picked up the sword of the arrogant
Held hands with self righteousness
He has loved others and been loved
Loved when it is a sacrifice
Given to those in need
And befriended others

There is maturity etched in the lines of his forehead
His eyes glint with wisdom
Seasons, years and circumstances have altered me
My winding path continues on
And I pray daily to continue to see this old man
From time to time

Copyright 2014 Wandering Satellite Publishing

No comments: